Wednesday, August 15, 2012

table runner

With encouragement from fellow blogger Bev I have decided to finish my Dresden plate into a table runner. I was going to do a table topper but I wanted to make it fit on the kitchen table for the holidays so a runner it will be. Yesterday I spent part of my day making another Dresden plate but not sewing the 2 halves together. This is it so far...
I need to go to the quilt shop again and hope they have more of this green fabric I picked up a few weeks ago as I only have half a yard and as you can see it needs be wider. I'm also thinking that the center peppermint needs a bigger center. Besides teaching myself how to quilt I love to do counted cross stitch. As some of you know from previous post my Mom just remarried. She has asked me to stitch her a wedding sampler something like I had stitched for my son and daughter in law. Since she asked me a week before the wedding it wasn't done by then but I did tell her I would have it done by Christmas. I have been working on it when its to hot in the sewing room (no A/C) this is it as of this morning...
Have a good day and happy stitching,

Robin

1 comment:

  1. Love the sampler! It's a great start, the bells are so cute ☺

    ReplyDelete