Monday, August 20, 2012

birthday weekend

This last weekend I celebrated my birthday, yeah another year older not to sure about wiser. On Sat morning my sweetheart surprised me with a very sweet birthday card. Then after we were up and dressed we headed south on the highway to have breakfast. mmmm a crab omelet, I only eat these once or twice a year so its a special treat. Then we had a fun filled day with shopping and eating. Lots of new things for my sewing room the most important was the table we bought from IKEA!
I saw this on someones post a couple of weeks ago and then showed it to the DH and he remembered that I wanted it so planned Sat around a trip to IKEA so we could get it for my birthday. It has 6 drawers (3 each side) and both sides fold down to make it only 13 inches or so if it needs to be out of the way. We also made it to Fabric Depot and Joann's fabric for a few little things I wanted. On Sunday we drove to the beach for lunch at our favorite place. We had noticed a couple months ago that the old Costco store had been remodeled and a couple of new stores had gone in and one of them was a Joann's Fabric so we made a stop there on our way home. We've been talking about a new ironing board (DH didn't like my old one didn't feel it was safe, it liked to fold on its own for no reason) and they had a nice selection of them so with a 40% off coupon in hand DH bought me a new one of those as well.
Not a very good photo but it's a ironing board with a rest for the iron at the end. It is so much better than my hand me down that I had for 31yrs so not sure how old the thing is as it was DH's grandmothers old one she gave me when we were first married.
Here are all the goodies that we bought over the weekend, just little things I either wanted to try or things I needed to finish projects.  This little turtle is for my bracelet from my grandson who we call turtle he is now 2  1/2yrs old.

Thank you for your visit,

Robin

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Robin! That sewing table is awesome. What a great present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sewing table is amazing!!! I'm thinking a trip to Ikea is necessary because it's just what I need while living in the worlds smallest apartment. Ok. Now, in the second to the last picture the yellow and black fabric. I just used it (I think) to decorate my bathroom. Happy Belated birthday! Found you through the Sew Many Ways Finding Friends Link Up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Robin, stopping by from Sew Many Ways, Find a Friend Friday to check out your sewing room. You are going to love that sewing table! I have a similar table (not Ikea) that my DH purchased 20 yrs ago and it is the best! It doesn't have as many drawers as yours but it has the same design flip ups on each side and it is on casters. It's perfect for pin basting quilts too! I'm your newest follower and I hope you will take a moment come over and follow me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robin, belated birthday wishes! I love your IKEA table. It has been on my wish list for years now. Most of my sewing room is IKEA based. I will be following you now and hope you take a moment to come over and visit with me too.
    Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete