
We don't normally get any that sticks to the ground or stays around more than a few hours. We live at sea level and it never falls this far. But, this winter things have changed, see all that white stuff that is what I have been dealing with for about a week now. Yesterday was the 4 th time I've cleaned off the back steps so that we could get out with out falling. I was able to get the front steps, the back steps and a small path to the back yard cleared. Guess what I got up to this morning, yep you guessed it steps that don't look like I have even touched them. I'm so glad I didn't try to clear the driveway as I don't think I would be happy about more snow at all if I had. My daughter and I stocked up on food before the storm hit just in case it really happened (you know you can never trust the weather man). But for something to do we walked to the mall on the 2 nd day of the storm just because it was so pretty out, that was a 2 mile round trip and we had fun. A couple days later we walked to the post office, then to the mall since we were already out and about another 2 1/2 or 3 mile walk. But 2 days ago we thought we would go to the grocery store and 5 miles one way was a bit much so my son was at work with his 4 wheel drive so we begged for a ride home. I don't think it would have been so bad if we didn't have to walk across the bridge but that was not a fun part of the trip. Well we are supposed to go to my son's for Christmas, but can I put tire chains on the car? I found the tire chains in the garage, I don't know why but we have a brand new still in the package set that fit my new car, now I have to figure out how to put them on. I've seen it done lots of times, my DH is a long haul truck driver and I have watched/helped him but I have never done it myself, if I can master it we will try to make the drive the 10 miles to my sons house, or he said he would come and get us. I feel like such a looser having to have my son take me places just because I'm afraid to drive in the snow or can't figure out how to put the chains on the car. Well the good thing is I have been getting some exercise in and that helps because I have also had lots of time to bake cookies and make candy and a good cook always has to sample her finished products.



No comments:
Post a Comment