Monday, May 18, 2009

weekend

No photos for the weekend, I had my camera with me but didn't take it out of the trunk of the car. This past weekend was the OR/WA GTG at Vicki's house in Portland. I was planning on going but my DH had the weekend off and we share a car so I would have left him home without transportation. I was also feeling guilty about him staying home and doing things around the house and me out enjoying myself. We came up with a compromise, we went to the meet up at Acorns & Thread, shopped and visited with the girls then we went to the beach! We had a great day the way we went is not the way we usually go to the beach so saw lots of new things. We made it to Seaside OR and had lunch/dinner (bowl of clam chowder) at our favorite place "Norma's", walked around and did some shopping. Being that it was a beautiful day the place was a little crowded, there was also a wine walk going on. From there we headed toward home and stopped at Costco and did a bit of shopping. When we got to Astoria we stopped at the quilt shop and I picked up some fabric to finish my "chicken" tote. We had a very enjoyable day with no time table and just the 2 of us.

Sunday we went over to our son and daughter in laws and helped them work in there yard. Being new home owners they have never had to do this kind of thing. Michael mowed the yard, Roy edged everything and Julie and I pulled weeds and trimmed some shrubs. We didn't get it all done but we got a good start so now the kids kind of know what direction they are going. We sure hope they can keep it up with there busy schedules of work and such. Of course right now they are having to hope they have a nice day and a day off at the same time. But in a few weeks that won't be such a worry as summer seems to be getting here fast. Today DH is sleeping for work tonight and I think I will just sit and stitch as my whole body is sore from yesterday.

Happy stitching everyone.
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment