Thursday, February 21, 2013

it's all about me! blog hop my day

Today is day 4 of the "it's all about me blog hop".
I want to thank  everyone who has made it possible for these fun filled days.
Amy Bradley for the ooh so cute pattern that has taken on a life of her own with so
many different looks.
Marlene from "stitchin by the lake" who is are great cheerleader and
Madame Samme who has brought us all together.
Please visit the other bloggers  that are sharing today..
Friday, February 22

          As Sweet As Peaches    ME! 
 
 
I wasn't sure what I was going to do when I signed up for this hop but I went to my stash closet and started pulling fabrics and found lots that I wanted to use, so I came up with the idea of stitching seasonal Me's into a lap quilt.



I did the season names in variegated DMC hand stitching. Also did some detail stitching on the spring square to add a little life to it.
After doing the detail work I put the squares together with a friendship square in the center where I stitched ME as this is all about me. LOL



And here it is all together

And here it is all together! Finished at a cute 27 X 34.5"
I included a hanging sleeve on the back so can put it up on the sewing room wall.
I forgot to take a photo of the fabric on the back it's cute sunflowers with little blue birds and the binding fabric looks like a lake of blue berry's.
 
Thank you for taking the time to see what I made for the hop.
 
Robin in Washington State 

 















93 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I love the way you made this into a four season quilt with the "Me" in the middle of the sashing. Your fabric choices are fabulous. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin what a great idea! A Me for All Seasons...just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you did a you for all seasons! Very clever. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a Babe for every Season! Like your project and different twist to the pattern!
    Blessings
    Gmama Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love the 'seasoned' ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one seasonal lady, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea - I love it!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look so cool! Fun idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the seasons, theme, and how it turned out. Wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is just too cute and clever. What a different interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All your interpretations are great. Can´t decide which I love most. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, great idea to do a four seasons hanging. All the gals look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous1:55 AM

    Wow! I love your seasonal version of AB pattern. Very cute-they're all great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute idea to do the seasons. They are all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lot of (beautiful) work, Robin. Your idea paid off and I love your seasonal wall hanging. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your 4 season ladies are really nice.

    It is very hard to read your post with the dark type on a dark background.,

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it...a woman for all seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the seasons! I also love your embroidery. Cant get enough of that

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea to use the seasons! I want to make more ladies and this is a way to make them different yet coordinated. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very creative! Love the ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun idea to use the seasons...love the blueberry'ish binding! And your 4 season gals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the four seasons! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Seasonal YOU what a delightful idea...each one in seasonal attire..lYOU made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the seasons idea. You are so creative.!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So sweet! Love how you coordinated her with each season.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful!!!! You went all out here...love it

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a cool quilt! Thanks for sharing. vickise at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great seasonal quilt. I like the flower right in the middle of the dress for summer, lol. I lived in Washington state for 17 years. The kids were both born there. Been in New Mexico for 15 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  29. How very clever to make a "me" for all seasons! The fabrics really reflect the changing weather. (I have a four seasons cats wall hanging someone made for me above my bed. The best thing is, it fits ALL year and I don't have to switch it out unless I want to)

    Love how yours came out, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love seasonal groupings and this is perfect!! Love your ME quilt! I'll bet it was fun, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your seasonal quilt - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anonymous6:24 AM

    GREAT JOB! I like your "me" quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love it! What an awesome idea :) Congrats on a fabulous finish.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, I love yout 4 girls.... Great idea.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your 4 seasons me project is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh, Robin, that's so adorable!!! I love the four seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh so cute! love the dresses of the different seasons! Great job!
    hulseybg at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great job! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  39. very creative and all about you!

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a novel idea. I had a great time viewing all the different rendition of Ms Bias. Yours is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh my goodness, that is fantastic!! Very clever, I really love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your seasonal hanging with all the little details!! Thanks for sharing in the hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. WOW, what a wonderful idea to make a 'you' for each season. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Amazing!!! This is very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. How perfect is this! I think Summer might be my favorite. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  46. SO adorable! Love the gals!
    Cheery wave! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  47. You did a fantastic job. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Those look fabulous. I love the year round look!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Way too cute, and your all dolled up for all seasons! Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow what a wonderful idea....looks great...all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  51. WOW, I love it -- now it's all about you all year long, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Robin, Love your project. great job . And very creative at that.

    ReplyDelete
  53. SO cute! As always, I'm in awe of your stitching (I know! Practice, practice, practice!) and the quilt came together just perfectly. I'll look for your ribbons at the county fair in a few months :-D

    ReplyDelete
  54. Very cute. I love your embroidery work and the colors on your blocks. Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete
  55. very fun project! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Robin, you did a good job with this challenge. I am impressed and I signed up to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Wow! A 4 fer ~ I love the embroidery on it, too. What a great idea. You portray your personality throughout the seasons. I love your choice of fabrics throughout the seasons to depict the seasons. I bet the backing is adorable. I am a blue lover. Thank you for participating and being an inspiration. A great job!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Great embroidery and design--love it as a four season quilt! All four of YOU turned out amazing. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love your season you, what a great idea. I love the fabrics you have used for your dress in each season.

    ReplyDelete
  60. I love that your made all those cute ladies into a quilt. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Hi!! WOW!!! WOW!! And two more WOWs!!! Love your four seasons ladies!! Wonderful wall quilt!!! So fun!! Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  62. Great Idea with the seasons!! We quilt in and out of all seasons, right!!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Wow that is fabulous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  64. That is just too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Rosemary B here:
    I really truly like yours very much. Goodness all 4 seasons. that is marvelous. YOu can display this proudly!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Very unique and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Robin, what a fantastic and unique idea! The colors, the fabrics, the change in your clothing, the "ME" are all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  68. I love it!
    What an awesome idea you had - it can hang all year. I especially love the winter one with that Frostie fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  69. I am amazed at each Ms. Biased and how varied they are. Yours are very clever representing the different seasons. I am having such fun with this hop. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  70. Oh my gosh!!! What an amazing & creative Lady YOU are!!! LOOOOOVE your Wallhanging! AWESOME job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  71. Winter, spring, summer and fall, what a great quilt, you are the seasons in my eyes. Great wallhanging.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Love your four seasons self-portraits!!! How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  73. this is a fun quilt and a lot of work. I like the way you used the star in the center. Thanks for the being in the fun blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Love the way you have created a little all-season quilt. The embroidery is great.

    ReplyDelete
  75. This is just too cute...thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Impressive! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Very interesting a nd different take,I loe your seasonal ladies so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Very clever and creative. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Oh my! What a terrific idea and a really wonderful wall hanging. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  80. I love the four seasons. Great for the sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  81. This is adorable Thank-you for sharing with us the personal glimpses are so nice Becky

    ReplyDelete
  82. such a great idea, you put so much work in and it turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Wonderful job such a lovely wall hanging for your sewing space !

    ReplyDelete
  84. cute love the wall hanging

    ReplyDelete
  85. this is really great, wonderful wallhanging.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  86. This is such a great idea! Well done!! Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  87. What fun to have four mini-ME's! Very cute and what a fun way to tie the seasons together for a sewing room wall hanging! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  88. Four.. wow!!! You went all out.. love them all! This is such a fun hop.. my day is today... http://blog.patsloan.com/2013/02/its-all-about-mmm-me-you-who.html

    ReplyDelete
  89. Hi Robin they look amazing, love them all. Thanks for sharing. Susie x

    ReplyDelete