Wednesday, November 07, 2012

U R Priceless -- day 4

Today is my day, this is my first blog hop so I hope I'm doing everything right.

Thank you Katherine at Sew Me Something Good and Madame Samm at !Sew WE Quilt!

Here's are the rest of the blogs that share my day.
Day 4 - Nov. 8th
Stitchin By the Lake
as sweet as peaches
Deborah B
Birgit H
Fish Creek Studio
A Quilter's Table
Lily Patch Quilts
Cherry Blossoms Quilting Studio
Mary F
Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm
The Desert Rat Chronicles
Sally K
Paris at a Certain Age
From the Blank Pages
Quilt Taffy
Barb H


I really had no clue what I was going to sew until I started going through my fabric, then I couldn't stop thinking of different ways to make these cute little coin purses, unfortunately I ran out of time.
This was my first purse with cute little cupcake for the sides I used a dark brown that looks like chocolate frosting the inside is cream with chocolate chips.
Next I made my zebra and orange I used the same orange on the inside on this one I added a cute little zebra stripe beads on the side.
This one was my third try and I thought I would add some beads to the center of the flowers and along the top of the clasp as I sewed it to the fabric, adds a bit of sparkle.
Here is #4 Jungle print with brown and gold beads along the top.
My husband added his 2 cents for this one with his favorite football team, I used a fabric with footballs on it for the inside.

This one is my favorite one with the snowman face on the front and some snowflakes on the back. I wanted it to look like a real snowball so I used quilt batting as the outside to give it a soft look.

Are you ready for my last one I call it "piggy bank" and I did use a different pattern with a bigger frame.

Thank you for looking and please visit the other blogs and see the many different and lovely coin purses for the UR Priceless blog hop.

Robin in Washington State

87 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you have some really original purses! Love love love the beading across the top and think I'll try it for my next one. The snowman one is my favorite, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coin purses are wonderful! I love how you added the beads around the top.

    The snowman purse is cute. Very creative use of materials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Robin! Fabulous coin purses...so many clever and creative details. Lovely, lovely, lovely! :o)

    Super idea to make the snowman from batting - he's so darling.

    Happy to you have you join us for your first hop. You did a beautiful job.

    UR Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow you really had fun making these, they're all lovely but the snowman my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever! Just love the piggy bank - favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your snowman purse! It is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful line of purses.You are very creative,the last one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great purses!
    I love the pig one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them all, but that blue butterfly is especially beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely collection...YOU are loaded lol YOU need many many coin purses lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow so many - well done

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous.! Your craftsmanship is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the snowman...what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sure were a busy little coin purse maker! Love them all but the snowman and piggy bank capture my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what an assortment of wonderful little purses! Love your Seattle Seahawks one! Never even thought of team oriented one--plus I lived in that area for a couple of years!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your little purses, especially the Seahawks and the little snowman. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow you made many different purses. Love them all especially the snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh they are each one just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of your little coin purses are adorable, but LOVE the snowman!!

    Hosting a purse frame giveaway on my blog:

    http://splittingstitches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have been a very busy woman sewing all the beautiful purses. And all of them are sew cute
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have been a very busy girl, Robin!! A beautiful parade of coin purses. Luv the snowman...too cute. Great job!! Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing in the blog hop. You definitely did some happy stitching! Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  22. How sweet - the snowman/snow purse is adorable! But truly, I think "THAT one is my favorite" with every one I see! What a fun Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute creative twists on your purses!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute coin purses! Love the snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Squeeee!!!! Love the cupcake and the snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your fabric choices are amazing - thanks for your participation.. Judy C

    ReplyDelete
  27. These little purses are certainly addicting and you definitely caught the bug. I love them all, but that little snowman certainly catches my eye. Love it! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  28. yours are adorable. your snowman one is such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  29. All of these are cute but I am totally in love with the snowman! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my gosh -- you have some darling creations! I love have your embellished them -- great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. How cute! Your snowman is one of my favorite! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Those are darling. I especially like the snowman one. That is sooooo cute. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  33. love your purses and tried pinning...but could not...if you would like them added somehow let me know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. would love to have them added, what do I need to do?
      thanks

      Delete
  34. You did great!! What a lovely group of purses :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a wonderful parade of purses!

    ReplyDelete
  36. WOW - as I scrolled down, I loved everyone, but that snowman purse really stole the show. Thanks for sharing - so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh yes, the snowman one is AWESOME, I truly love it!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my gosh - what a fabulous selection! I love the beads you added.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh wow, your purses are fab! I love the one where you've beaded the frame, that's just incredible! And the cupcake - great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wonderful variety of coin purses! Love the cupcake one. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Anonymous8:12 AM

    Your coin purses all turned out great. My favourites are the butterfly one that you added beads to (what a great idea) and the snowman one... so clever to use quilt batting for the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Such a lot of pretty coin purses, you really went all out , great job!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love the beading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Cute, I love your choice and combinations of fabric and the additions with beads and the snowman face are great! Thanks for showing.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love your coin purses......but my favorite is the snowman! I have a friend who is crazy about snowmen. Guess what she is getting for her birthday? She is going to be thrilled. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love the snowman! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Your little purses are all adorable! I can't even begin to pick a favorite!! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow , your purses are so adorable, you must have had fun making them, Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hi!!! They are all too cute!!! I love the snow man!!! Thanks for sharing them!!! So Fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. No shortage of inspiration here...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  51. These are all so pretty but I love, love, love that cute snowman!! Thanks for sharing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Oh Robin, these are all so cute! I love, love, love the cupcake coin purse! But the snowman is cute too and so are all the others. Very creative and clever!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  53. love the purses, I like that you thought about texture and attachments. Adding the beads to the stitching is a great idea!!
    Thanks for showing them to us

    ReplyDelete
  54. wonderful purses, your fabrics are fantastic. thanks for sharing ☺

    ReplyDelete
  55. Love your snowman! What a fun idea--it makes me smile :O)

    ReplyDelete
  56. Great purses; the snowman is my favorite! He is adorable. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Wonderful purses. I got a laugh from the piggy bank one. I love the snowman too!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Oh that snowman is adorable! I'm copying that one eventually. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  59. They are just great. I love the piggy bank. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  60. They are all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Your idea to add the beads is just awesome! All of your purses are so pretty,but I love your snowball/man the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  62. Lots of great purses here!! Love the snowman and your cupcake sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Go SeaHawks!!!! What a surprise to see that one. I love the doily recycled purse - so cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  64. Sew Creative Robin, the cupcake caught my eye. Thank you for sharing...Judith, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  65. These are adorable, especially the snowman! Thanks for sharing your creations with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Ooooo...cupcake, snowman, piggies...and prettys....Love the beads on the handles.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Ooooo...cupcake, snowman, piggies...and prettys....Love the beads on the handles.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Wow! you have lots of wonderful little purses to show us! I do love the sparkle the beads add. Batting for a snowman is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  69. They are all very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Love your wee purses! Thanks for sharing with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  71. I love the fabrics you chose for the purses! They are all so cute!
    hulseybg@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  72. Rosemary B here:
    Oh my goodness, all of your purses are so cute and the fabrics and colors look marvelous!
    Thank you for sharing your creativity

    ReplyDelete
  73. Wow! Those are some darling little purses; so many varieties. The snowman is adorable and so creative. My favorite is the blue one with the beads.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Love all the different fabrics you've used for your little purses. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Great fabrics...and I am in love with your snowman...it is absolutely adorable.

    Smiles,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  76. I love your snowman, very clever of you.
    It was a lot of fun and I could make more with all the ideas floating in my mind. Good luck to you

    ReplyDelete
  77. Really cute purses Robin. I also love your addition of the beading. Beautiful.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  78. Beautifully done, lots of wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Really cute purses, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  80. So gorgeous your frame purses!!!! Thanks so much for sharing! I'd love for you to visit my blog.
    Happy week!

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  81. Oh they are all adorable, very cute

    ReplyDelete
  82. Pretty and fun purses! I really, really love your snowman purse!

    Blessings & Aloha!
    I am home from visiting our first little grandbaby! Wish I could have stayed longer! But I am trying now to catch up with all the wonderful posts on this blog hop. Still on Day 4 with my visits!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Robin,

    I always read your blog but don't post much but these coin purses are the BOMB! Seems like you never see coin purses anymore and to see all of the beautiful ones you made makes me think that maybe they will be making a comeback. Ok...so I am hooked on your ort bags and now these. Lol!

    Beautiful work Robin!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete