Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Holiday Lane blog hop day 7

Hello and Welcome to day 7 my day of the Holiday Lane pillow blog hop.

I would like to thank everyone involved in making this a very fun blog hop.  The pattern was brought to us by Jill from Jillily Studio, please visit her and check out her other patterns. Pauline from Quilt N Queen who's are cheerleader and Madame Samm for her work in getting us organized.

This is only my second time in joining in on the fun and it won't be my last. The pattern was very easy to follow but while working on it I realized how large it was and decided to go with a wall hanging. In doing it as a hanging I was able to embellish a lot more than I could have if it was a pillow.

Here it is hanging above our TV.

Here is the right side and you can see that I used a pewter charm for the address on the house it's 2012.

My little snowman is all decked out for the cold weather in his polka dot hat and scarf.

This house my DH helped me with he felt it needed a window with candles.

Lots of decorations on the trees with garland too.

For the snow I used quilt batting. Not sure if you can tell but I quilted stars in the sky.
Thank you for looking and if you would like to see what others have done with this pattern please check out the others that I share my day with.
 
 
Thursday November 29
Elaine - that other blog
 
 




51 comments:

  1. Fantastic wall hanging! Love all the decorations you added. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!! It is wonderful!!! Love all the extras you added in!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh its lovely - I love all the extra touches. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely decorations: Turned out so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Great embellishments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sew cute. Great job on all the embellishments. Love the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:47 AM

    The embellishments adds such a nice touch. Your pillow looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All those embellishments just make your village "pop"! I really like your pillow. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used the same thing you did for the smoke from the chimneys!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh Robin..how lovely..all those amazing details...the smoke...yes done perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow love all the extra details

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just have to make another on and add embellishments. I just love what you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful -- I love all your embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your embellishments really added a lot of fun to your wall hanging! It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It`s super cute and love your extras.thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous!
    I love all the embellishments you added
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, so many fun embellishments to look at...love it! You really blinged it up and made it beautiful. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fun! Your tress are so decked out and ready for Christmas! Love the snowman with his cute stocking hat!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore your pillow...lovely embellishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful wallhanging! You put a lot of love in this beauty! I like the large snowflake in the window, looks like frost on the glass! I love the colors you used too. It took my breath away when I first saw the picture. A treasure for sure!
    hulseybg at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous7:19 AM

    Beautiful! I love the snowflake beads! Wasn't this a fun pattern? I can hardly wait to make it again!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You did a great job on your pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh that sky makes the colours pop...gorgeous indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Incredible embellishments! Very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your pillow is just plain beautiful. I just love the embellishments that you have added. They make the houses look so real.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is where I get to neener neener because I got to see this lovely in person! It's even cooler in real life - and you did a great job on all of the aspects. Looks great on that sexy wall!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful embellishments and that door fabric...so perfect! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful pillow! Your embellishments are fabulous. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great pillow and I love the embellishments and your color choices. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. great adds to the holiday lane design - thanks for sharing! you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your little touches and details. Thanks for sharing with all of us. The 2012 pewter charm was so nice. Judy C

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love all the really cute ways you decorated your wall hanging. Thanks for being in the fun hop.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great job with so many cute embellishments. I think I would go for the wall hanging also. In fact, I may do one for a friend before Christmas even though I opted out of this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You have so many cute embellishments making it your very own. I love the outcoming. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very cute. Your details are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  36. It is a cute pillow/ runner of wall hanging as it has been done up all 3 ways .... great job , it looks like you had fun decorating your lane.
    thanks for sharing.... hope ot see more from you next year too
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  37. Rosemary B here: Oh wowie yours is fabbbbulous.
    Love the fabrics, love the embellishments very very much.
    You really made a treasure! Thank you for sharing your creativity today

    ReplyDelete
  38. LOve your detail. It makes for a great wall hanging. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great Job! Love all the added Bling and that Happy Snowman! Thanks For Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love all the embellishments and the decorated trees. The garland looks so cool. The sky just says winter cold. Wonderful pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Robin, your wall hanging is festive and bright. I love the garland on the tree, the wooden door with the address, and the snowflakes...perfect embellishments. What a fun wall hanging. Great Job!! Thank you for sharing your time and inspiration with us today. Happy stitching, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ahhh my phone screen just cleared so I'm not sure if my comment went through or not, so I'll say it again, hehe. Your wall hangjng is darling and love your extra embellishments. You have given me some great ideas! Thanks for sharing your project and being part of the hop. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Absolute adorable! Love your embellishments! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love all the detail. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'd visit your Holiday Lane any day! adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love all of your embellishments, especially the 2012 charm. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  47. really cute. love all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love your wall hanging. Cute embellishments. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love your embellishments, thanks for showing your Holiday Lane.

    ReplyDelete