This is Kristy she is a 4yr old long hair dachshund that I was asked to adopt. Her owner is no longer able to care for her due to age and health, she is 82 and just had a hip replacement. I said of course I would take her as long as she likes me. So off I go to pick her up we got along great at our first meeting. I loaded up all her things and off we go for home. She loved it here and my DH thought she was a cutie. So for a couple of days everything was great until Thursday. I picked my grandson up from day care and we come home to meet the new dogie. Everything was great until I opened the door and he saw her, she just sat there wagging her tail. He on the other hand went into a panic started shaking and crying he tried to climb up me like a tree monkey. DH hurried and put Kristy in the laundry room away from GS (he is only 2 1/2) and we calmed him down took about 15 to 20 min he wouldn't even go down the hallway to his room to play. Okay we figured it was just something new. Mommy picked him up to go home and he looked down the hallway and said by dogie. On Sunday they come over again for a visit to see how things would go and you guessed it it was the same thing all over again. Then on Tue it was our day to pick GS up from day care again he wouldn't even come in the house he was so scared and shaking so we assured him the dogie was sleeping and he was safe. Wed I had to call and let the lady know we couldn't keep Kristy as my grandson is very afraid of her. Luckily my friend was able to place Kristy in a new home the same afternoon and she is very happy little lady. We can't figure out however why my grandson was so afraid of her. Our travel agent has a dog in her office and he loves Cooper. Until about a year ago we had a sweet little Shih tzu Fro and he loved helping take him for a walk so we are unable to understand or explain why he didn't like Kristy. For now we are dog free and will stay that way until we find a dog that my grandson likes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment