Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A long weekend

My weekend started at 4:30 am on Friday. For me to be able to go to the GTG I had to drive North 1 1/2 hours to pick my DH up and then we drove back home. I then needed to make sure I had everything ready to go.

At noon the ladies meeting at my place started to arrive when the last one got there we divided up into cars and hit the road for the last hour of the drive South. We arrived at the hotel via a stop at the stitching store as Sue had never been there and I wanted to make sure she was able to see everything, on Sat morning the little shop would be very busy with 20 ladies trying to see everything. We then went on to the hotel and meet up with 3 of our group for dinner of the best homemade chicken noodle soup and garlic bread. Thank you Nikki. Then off to the RX as someone forgot a very important bottle of pills. We headed to Vicki's house for some much needed desert. We hit the pillows about 11:30pm.

Sat we were up and at breakfast about 9am then off to the shop for a couple hours. We all (18) of us meet up for lunch at "Sweet Tomatoes" then car pooled to Vicki's for the stitching part of the week end. After several hours of talking, show & tell and yes more eating we headed back to the hotel, where Sue and I gabbed for a while before hitting the pillows about midnight.

Sunday up for breakfast at 9am and then packed making sure nothing was left behind. We went to Vicki's again for some last minute talking and stitching before heading out about 2pm. Once home DH and I had a nice dinner and we talked our weekend, mine filled with what everyone was up to and his doing the "honey do list" I had left for him.

Monday was another long day as I had to take DH back north for that long 1 1/2hr drive then I had to make the same drive home in the pouring down RAIN! But I had a good weekend and I can't wait to do it again.

I was one (maybe the only one) of the ladies that just sat and talked and watched everyone else stitch. :) I meet new friends and got to catch up with old friends. I wasn't able to go to the last couple so it had been a while. There are so many talented stitchers in our group it's unbelievable. During some show and tell all I could do was just sit there and be amazed at what was being shown. Its also fun when 2 or 3 show the same project and you see so many different ways 1 chart can be interpreted, different fabrics ~color~size or over 1, different color flosses or even floss types.

No comments:

Post a Comment